Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sending love for Lucy Marlett

I had a chance of knowing this amazing family and their daughter Lucy Marlett a few weeks ago when I stumbled over their website.

http://allthemarletts.blogspot.com/
http://allthemarletts.blogspot.com/

**Photo courtesy of the allthemarletts.blogspot.com site.


Ever since I started reading about their life the past few years and knowing Lucy (their youngest  daughter) and the whole family's journey, I think about them and pray for them every single day.

Lucy is their youngest and she has been diagnosed with Mitochondrial disease since birth.  Ever since Lucy was born, this amazing family started a new journey to give Lucy the best of life, and the sacrifices that each of them has to make shows how love can move mountains.

"Mitochondrial disease is a group of disorders caused by dysfunctional mitochondria, the organelles that generate energy for the cell.  Mitochondria are found in every cell of the human body except red blood cells and convert the energy of food molecules into the ATP that powers most cell functions."  -- Wikipedia

I've been so emotionally affected the past several weeks and not a single day that I do not have this family and Lucy in my prayers.  This year, Nicole and Drew (Mom and Dad) has to make the hardest decision every parent will probably think as the worst kind of pain - letting go of their child.    I admire their bravery, courage, faith and enormous love they have in their hearts to make this decision which at the end of the day, is what's best for little Lucy.  (I am bawling again writing this blog).

Nicole said in one of her post "the hardest part of loving someone is letting go" and it hit home real hard.  I cannot imagine the heartache.

Life is too short.  Alot of times unfair.  We really need to embrace every little moment and all the people around us, especially our family and friends.  The Marlett family gave me a renewed outlook in life.  I look at my own son and my family and my heart overflow with so much joy and love.  My family is my home.  And I am pretty sure Lucy feels and knows that she will always be loved and be at home wherever it is that she goes. 

The Marletts are requesting for anyone who wants to send their love for Lucy to send hearts, cards, notes that will show Lucy and the family how much we all suppor them.  I am sending my care package this week and you can all send yours in this address:

Nemours A. I. DuPont Hospital for Children
℅ Lucy Marlett Room 3708
1600 Rockland Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
 
Showing my love and support for Lucy by putting this button up in my blogsite.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment